When you wager with Betway using a web browser on your mobile device or desktop, we are required to do a location check to ensure you’re physically present in the state in which you are registered to play. To do this, we use a trusted & verified GeoComply application called “GeoGuard.”
Get GeoGuard for iOS (iPad) or Android tablets from your app store, and follow the prompts to install. Once that’s done, you’ll be ready for trouble-free wagering!
Click here if you’re using a mobile device.
Click here if you’re using a desktop.
What is GeoGuard and why do I have to install it?
GeoGuard Location Validator is a third-party location detection service provided by GeoComply, who provide cybersecurity solutions to detect location fraud and verify a user's true digital identity. This process is required by multiple state regulators for licensed online sportsbooks & casinos to ensure that no out-of-state bets are placed.
How do I use GeoGuard on my mobile device?
You'll be able to browse our wide selection of markets & betting options without geolocating. However, it will be required to place a bet.
Upon log-in, you'll receive this message to assist with your location check:
Step 1: Open the location services app
- Use the "Open GeoGuard Location Validator app" button to launch GeoGuard or to install it if you haven't already downloaded it.
- If you already have GeoGuard open and running, simply click “Continue."
Step 2: Ensure that your app settings allow location services to run
- On the first installation of GeoGuard, you will be prompted to allow the app to use your location to do its checks – select "Allow" here.
- You can also enable location services in your device settings if you elected not to allow it when you first installed GeoGuard.
Step 3: Geolocation Successful
Once you've followed the above steps to get GeoGuard running, you should experience trouble-free & safe wagering.
If you forget to geolocate upon log-in, don't worry – we will ensure you're prompted again before you finish placing a bet.
Remember to make sure you allow location services on your device and turn off any VPN.
I’m having trouble with getting the GeoGuard app. How do I fix this?
Here are a few tips that may help if you’re encountering an error with the GeoGuard app:
- Check that your GeoGuard App is set to “Always On.”
- If you are on a Wi-Fi connection, turn off Wi-Fi and try connecting again to Betway.
- Close the browser on your device, turn Airplane Mode on and then off again, and then open your browser to connect again to Betway.
- Delete the GeoGuard app, clear the cache on your browser, then redownload the GeoGuard app and try connecting again.
If you are still having trouble with the location checks, click the “Support” bubble in the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support team.
How Do I Install GeoGuard?
Click here for Google Play Store
Click here for Apple App Store
- Make sure location services are switched on for the app to work.
- Open Betway.com, navigate to your state, log in, and click "Geo-locate."
- The location check will be complete and you’ll be all set!
What if I want a simple, secure, and seamless in-app geolocation experience instead?
Download our native app and take us on the go!
What is Player Location Check and why do I have to install it on my desktop?
Player Location Check is a third-party location detection service provided by GeoComply, who provide cybersecurity solutions to detect location fraud and verify a user's true digital identity. This process is required by multiple state regulators for licensed online sportsbooks & casinos to ensure that no out-of-state bets are placed.